How to install WordPress plugins without FTP?
The need for FTP is an avoidable one for this installation, especially when your web server has access to the necessary files. Your plugin is expected to install automatically. Follow these 3 steps to install WordPress plugins if you want to install manually without FTP
- Go to your WordPress root folder: wp-config.php
You should access this file from your WordPress installer folder. From the installation folder, the file is located at wordpress/wp-config.php
- Insert F-S Method
Paste the following codes to your wp-config.php file, preferably just below every other line of code
88 89 / ** set up wordpress vars and included files.*/ 90 require_once(ABSpath. wp-settings.php) 91 92 /** set up direct method for for wordpress, auto update without FTP*/ 93 ('FS-METHOD’, ‘direct'); 94
- After completing this step, you can go on to upload the file to your WordPress root folder on your server. You may upload directly from your host control panel. Everything should now work perfectly.
HOW TO INSTALL PLUGIN IN WORDPRESS MULTISITE?
To install plugin in WordPress multisite, you need to first download it on the hard drive of your PC then you proceed to:
- Unzip the file you’ve downloaded into a folder on your computer
- On the /wp-content-plugin/ on your site, upload the /plugin manager/ folder
- Visit network admin
- Select plugin
- click on ”Activate”
and that’s just it.
What is a Plugin Setting Page?
In computing, a plugin is referred to as a computational software component that adds a specific feature to an existing computer program. Furthermore a plugin setting page enables one to customize plugins and their functions to one’s need and taste. Their modes of operation, timing and conditions can all be altered from a plugin page.
How to update plugins
Plugins, as noted earlier, bring versatility and enhancement to your WordPress site. You can install and update plugins automatically following these routines:
- Go to plugin, select ”Add New”
- Type in the search bar the name of the WordPress plugin you’re looking for.
- When you find the plugin you want to install; you may click on the plugin to save or check for information on the plugin specification.
- To install the plugin, click on ‘Install Now’
You should see a notification listing the installation as successful or otherwise.
- If successful, please click on ‘Activate’ to activate the plugin.
Note: some plugin installers have their unique steps to instal and update. Hence, you may see different plugin settings pages accross all plugins. But almost all plugin pages appear in the left navigation bar.
If update is all that you require, search out the plugin on your ‘Plugin List’ or ‘WordPress Plugin Directory’ and check for update. Your WordPress admin may show number of updates available and that notice is available on top bar. If update is available, just follow the instructions that come with it. If you have compatibility problem in updating your plugin, you might as well consult the author directly for help on how to solve compatibility issues.