WordPress themes are really great, especially with the thousands of alluring designs available in the theme stores. The theme file enables you to build your website from the scratch with your own contents, customizations, and touch of magic! You need to first download your theme package into your profile on design wall. It is important that you ensure the theme.zip file contains “style.css”. If this condition is met, then you’re ready to roll.
I presume that you already know How to Install WordPress using on your server. If you still don’t know that, you can still read the article linked.
Steps to install theme manually
In installing the theme manually, you need to:
- Log in to the admin panel. From the admin panel select appearance, then click on theme.
- On the top of your screen, click on the tab, ”Install Theme’, then on the upload link.
- Click the ‘browser’ button. Go to the folder containing the theme.zip file and upload it, after you have uploaded it, click on the install button.
- If you install properly, a success window will pop up notifying you of the success of your installation.
- Click on the activate link to use the theme you have installed.
After the activation is complete. You can now begin to customize your website the way you want it.
How to Install WordPress theme from ThemeForest
ThemeForest houses a lot of themes that would enhance the look of your WordPress website. In uploading a theme from the Forest, you need to:
- Download the theme from ThemeForest website www.themeforest.net. They have over 7000 WordPress themes from which you can download. Theme Forest themes are not free you should know.
- Still on the website, select the ‘Enable Update Notification’ button, so updates on the theme you’re downloading can be sent to your e-mail at later time.
Note: the download link is on top right hand side of the ThemeForest website.
- Click on the download button, and select the ‘Installable WordPress Theme File’.
- Login to your WordPress account. Click appearance, select theme menu.
- Click on ‘Install Themes’ and then select ‘Upload’
You will be prompted to install a theme in .zip format
- Select zip file and click on ‘Install Now’
How to Install theme in WordPress on Localhost
In order to install WordPress themes on localhost, you have to:
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel.
- Select Menu Appearance, then select theme and click on ‘Add New Tab’
- Select the upload button, click on on ‘Browse’
- Navigate to the unzipped template package on your hard drive
- Look for the CherryFramework.zip in the theme folder of the template package . Select it and click OPEN.
Click on the ‘Activate’ button
And that’s it. Your new theme on the WordPress localhost is ready.